Thursday, February 14, 2008

whelp, she said yes

Tonight, I asked Stephanie to marry me and she said yes.

here's how it went down. I was planning a huge night so she couldn't say anything but yes but we were both sick. So plan B ended up being a picnic at my apartment instead of the candle-lit picnic under the stars at the park i took her to on our first date. I had the blanket laid down, with her favorite food (gummy bears) on her plate and two cups of her favorite beverage (apple juice) already poured. next to her plate was a plain white box. not being able to resist a surprise she when right for the present. she opened it up and inside was a ring box. she began to glow as she opened it, only to find a rhine stone encrusted bag tie.

A little side note, for the last few months whenever we talked about getting married i told her she was only getting a bag tie instead of a ring. When she opened the box, she said, "My Bag tie!" I sat next to her and asked if she would marry me. When she said yes, i pulled out the real ring. I took the bag tie off her ring finger to put the nice ring on and she got mad at me. "Hey, I wanted that." we compromised by putting the bag tie on her other finger but she wore both rings the rest of the night. i love that girl. enjoy photos below:





1 comment:

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful bag tie. The ring is beautiful too!